Preparation time: 10 MINutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
These buttermilk pancakes are deliciously buttery and fluffy with golden, crisp edges and an irresistible buttermilk flavour.
Smother them in syrup or red berries and yogurt, whatever your flavour these are sure to be a big breakfast hit!
1) In a bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, and whisk to combine.
2) In a bowl or measuring cup, whisk the Dale Farm buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter until smooth.
3) Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients, gently incorporating with a spatula. Make sure not to overmix, as that will result in dense pancakes.
4) Add the butter to a pan over medium-low heat. Once the butter begins to bubble, add ⅓ cup (80 ml) of batter to the pan.
5) Cook until the top side begins to bubble and the bottom is golden brown. Flip the pancake and cook until the underside is golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.