Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
We've got an exciting twist on the traditional Irish soda bread, courtesy of Belfast Undercover Chef. This recipe has no kneading or proving required and is yeast-free, so it only takes minutes to prepare. Piping hot, homemade soda bread with strands of melted cheese and crispy bacon pieces, what more could you want!
1) Heat oven to 200°c, lightly grease a large baking tin.
2) Mix the buttermilk into the flour with a spoon, add the bacon and cheese.
3) Turn the mixture out onto a floured board, sprinkle with flour, roll lightly in around 1/2 inch thick.
4) Divide into four with a knife and place into the oven for 20mins.
5) Once cooked, smother in butter and enjoy!